The Militant Libertarian

I'm pissed off and I'm a libertarian. What else you wanna know?

Sunday, March 14, 2004

Internment

Well, I got some stuff from a friend of mine this morning regarding the government's plans for civilian internment. Much of it is unsubstantiated, but this part did catch my eye.

What I'm linking to here is the US Army's website which has their rules and procedures for internment. Note Chapter 5 on Civilian Internees.

Obviously, this could apply to a myriad of situations (such as Iraq right now, with civilians acting as terrorists). However, it could just as easily be used here. I especially noted the phrase "...because he committed an offense against the detaining power (insurgents, criminals, or other persons)."

Anyway, judge for yourself. Read the document here:
http://www.adtdl.army.mil/cgi-bin/atdl.dll/fm/3-19.40/toc.htm

-----
Got comments? Email me, dammit!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home