The Militant Libertarian

I'm pissed off and I'm a libertarian. What else you wanna know?

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

This Is Not America Anymore

A friend of mine wrote this during an email echange between several of us discussing how we predict the near-future of this country will progress. It's almost poetic, how he puts it:

I watched the videos of post-confiscation New Orleans and it made my blood boil and my stomach churn. There is a point where I could look into the eyes of a soldier, mayor, President, child, etc. and say, "I do not love this country anymore and I don't even recognize this place as America." The bill of rights is gone. It has been replaced by the Communist Manifesto. We have industry leaving and third world criminals coming in. Our education system puts our graduates far behind even some third world nations. Our dollar is a terrible shape and we can neither travel or work without permission from the government. If this is the "freest nation on God's Green Earth", than I am ready to die. I have no doubt that those who are now in charge are already planning to make that happen - as soon as they can concoct some nonsensical story that will make them look like heroes for sparing the world from my existence.

-----
Got comments? Email me, dammit!
Permanent link for this article which can be used on any website:

2 Comments:

  • At 9:49 AM, March 28, 2007 , Blogger Kent McManigal said...

    His words ring so true, unfortunately. He needs to see, though, that "The United States" is NOT the same as "America". America is the country, based on the Constitution and the Bill of Rights; while The United States is the rogue government, based on counterfeit "laws", bureaucracies, and brute force (against Americans) which occupies this great land. The United States is the greatest danger America has ever faced.

     
  • At 6:45 AM, March 30, 2007 , Blogger Jason Kirk said...

    has America EVER been America? an otherwise free nation with legalized slavery obviously wasn't cutting it, but slavery was followed by imperialism, the government economic intervention that caused the depression, and FDR's quick-fixes that have stuck around just a few decades too long. as soon as America is actually attempted for the first time, somebody let me know.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home