The Militant Libertarian

I'm pissed off and I'm a libertarian. What else you wanna know?

Thursday, July 05, 2007

The Shooter

I saw this movie when it first came out in theaters at the behest of a good friend of mine. He loved the movie and, after seeing it, so did I. Now that it's on DVD, I own it.

The basic premise of the movie is fairly simple: a Marine Scout Sniper is betrayed by the private contractors who are working for his government on a mission in Africa and left for dead. Disaffected, he leaves the Marines and moves to the mountains to live in a cabin with his dog.

Three years later, the government comes calling to ask his help thwarting a Presidential assassination. What he doesn't know is that he's to be their patsy for the operation.

In the end, the powerful forces that run our shadow government, including a prominent U.S. Senator, become the targets for the Sniper.

The plot is thick, but easy to follow nonetheless. The action is superb and the realism of the firefights, long-range shooting, etc. is awesome.

The movie is a great illustration of how the shadow operatives who run our government consider themselves to be "untouchable" and how they have no compunctions against raping and pillaging by whatever means necessary to fatten their wallets.

This movie is great and I highly recommend everyone go to see it. I guarantee that you'll cheer after the final scene!

-----
Got comments? Email me, dammit!
Permanent link for this article which can be used on any website:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home