The Militant Libertarian

I'm pissed off and I'm a libertarian. What else you wanna know?

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Their Only Weapon

http://westernsurvival.blogspot.com/2006/06/their-only-weapon.html

Fellow blogger Mark posted this a few days ago to his blog.

A correspondent on Lawrence Auster's site, commenting on republican Arkansas Governor Huckabee's feeling that racism is fueling the anti-immigration sentiment, wrote:

"All he has to do is stand up there, give one inane comment after another and use the word that puts trembling in the hearts of the American people and shut them down. Racist."

A cartoon I saw recently showed a Mexican-flag-waving illegal snarling at a white man, saying something like "Let me into your prosperous country, you damned racist xenophobe." It captured perfectly the dynamic involved in the immigration debate: people who have no leverage other than guilt are using it to control us.

What are they going to do the day that white people stop running from that word, "racist"?

I have begun, among my white friends, to acknowledge that I am a racist. I say, "If by racist, you mean that I think there are actual differences, genetic differences, between racial groups that have real consequences, then yes I am a racist. If you mean that I feel more of an affinity for people of my ethnic group, that I feel more comfortable and at home with them, then yes I am a racist. If you mean I put the interests of my people, my ethnic group, ahead of the interests of others just as I put my family's interests over others, then yes I am a racist. But if by "racist" you mean someone who believes in genocide or slavery or hatred or oppression of other ethnic groups, then no, I am not a racist."

I sense that many white people have had enough of being bullied with the "racist" label. But there are two ways of handling that accusation. One is to claim that you're not actually a racist. This is the approach most whites take right now, but it hands all of the power over to the non-white person, who can then act as judge and jury on the evidence to decide whether the white person is a racist or not. The other approach is to say, "yeah, I'm a racist; so what?" There is no answer to that. If you prefer your own people and put their interests ahead of others' without engaging in hatred or violence, what's it to them?

Perhaps the non-whites and liberals are flinging the "racist" accusation with such vehemence because they sense that the white majority is losing patience. Their one tool, their one way of controlling white people, is losing its efficacy, so they ramp up the volume and the bitterness to try to keep the upper hand. Their worst nightmare is that white people stop flinching at the word because that will be the day that anti-whites (both non-whites and whites who scorn whiteness) lose their only weapon.

But while we need to assert that we, like every other healthy people on earth, are indeed "racists", what we want to avoid this time is letting the pendulum swing back the other way into hatred. We don't want another Hitler. We don't want burning crosses. We don't want oppression and injustice. We just want to assert our right to survive as a distinct people and to separate ourselves physically and politically from those who threaten our safety, prosperity, and unique identity.

-----
Got comments? Email me, dammit!
Permanent link for this article which can be used on any website:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home