The Militant Libertarian

I'm pissed off and I'm a libertarian. What else you wanna know?

Friday, August 07, 2009

State Mandates & Health Insurance: Find out what you're paying for (and don't need)

by Shelly Roche, Bytestyle.tv



State mandates on health insurance are a major factor in the high cost of coverage. I did some research to find out what I'm paying for (and don't want or need):

State: Maryland
Cost of Coverage: about $500/month

Here are just a few of the dozens of things I'm paying for:

In-Vitro Fertilization - accounts for 3-5% of my premium
Morbid Obesity Treatment - accounts for 1-3% of my premium
Smoking Cessation - accounts for 1-3% of my premium
Well Child Care - accounts for 1-3% of my premium
Alcoholism/Substance Abuse - accounts for 1-3% of my premium
Hair Prosthesis - accounts for 1% of my premium

I'm not morbidly obese, I don't smoke, I don't have kids (nor am I looking to get pregnant any time soon, sorry mom!), and I'm pretty sure I don't need rehab.

Go to Shelly's website for more!

-----
Got comments? Email me, dammit!
Permanent link for this article which can be used on any website:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home